- 1 Before starting to cook any food in your electric smoker for the first time, you need to season it well to clean and burnt off all manufacturing particles, dust, and residue.
- 1.1 How you can clean the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker:
- 1.2 Final Thoughts:
You have arrived at the right place if you are looking for some easy and convenient methods to use your electric smoker. Masterbuilt appliances give reliability and facilitate beginners to use them easily.
Masterbuilt models are one of the most attractive and latest in the market these days. You can efficiently use them for a continuous time and frequently because these smokers maintain their heat through good insulation.
If such an idea comes to your mind to buy the best electric smoker, it will surely help you cook yummy food. Electric smoker provides high-quality units to cook a variety of food like smoked meat, salmon, steak and vegetables, etc.
I’ll give you the proper guideline below to use your masterbuilt electric smoker easily:
Season your Electric Smoker:
Before starting to cook any food in your electric smoker for the first time, you need to season it well to clean and burnt off all manufacturing particles, dust, and residue.
- You can follow these steps to season your electric smoker.
- · Set all trays and racks inside the cooking chamber of the masterbuilt smoker.
- · Place all equipment including the water pan in its place but don’t put water in it.
- · Plug in the electric smoker and switch the power on.
- · Set the smoker’s temperature at 275° Fahrenheit.
- · Allow the timer to set for 3 hours.
- · Then add half a cup of wood chips in the tray box and let them burn for the last 1 hour to complete the pre-seasoning procedure.
- · Now plug off the switch of your electric smoker and let it cool.
- · Your smoker is now ready to cook smoke-flavored, delicious food.
Prepare the Meat:
You have a great variety of recipes to follow. Depending on your taste and choice of selection, you can prepare the meat according to your desired recipe. You can choose an endless menu like chicken, turkey, beef, mutton, fish, steak, cheese, ribs, or even veggies, etc.
Many recipes and ingredients are different from each other, therefore, require different marinating times and spices. Give the meat its required marinating time to make it enriched with yummy flavor.
Preheat your Masterbuilt Electric Smoker:
Every electric smoker needs preheating just like the electric oven to cook. If you will directly put the meat inside the smoker without preheating, it will take a long time to cook and you couldn’t find the desired smoky taste.
Here are the preheating steps you can follow:
- In the cold smoker before plugin in the switch, put wood chips in the wood chip tray.
- Before adding meat or other food inside the smoker preheat it for 45 minutes.
- When your smoker reached its required temperature, add half a cup of wood chips in two segments.
- When the wood chips stop generating smoke after the first segment then add the other half cup of wood chips in its tray.
- Prefer to avoid using foil on grills because it hampers heat flow.
- Temperature between 100°F to 225°F is considered absolute.
- Especially meat, fish, and chicken require 225°F to cook.
- When the water pan gets dry refill it again to get the moist, saucy, soft, and juicy smoked meat.
Place the Meat in the Smoker:
Once the smoker has done its preheating process, then you can put your meat inside the smoker. Place it on the upper grills that are nearer to the smoker and give your meal its proper time to cook. Cooking time depends on the size and thickness of the meat. To keep your meat tender and moist you can baste it after one-third and two-third of cooking time.
Add more Wood Chips and Water in the Tray:
While cooking in the smoker don’t forget to put water in its tray when it gets dried out and when you notice the smoker is not generating enough smoke, then refill the firebox or wood chips tray in half a cup.
Add the sauce if Desired:
If you want to add any additional sauce to give the meat an extra flavor, then you can add some sauce in the final half an hour before taking out the meat from the smoker.
Place out the Meat from Smoker:
It’s finally the time to dish out your delicious smoked meat. You can garnish it and share it with your family and guests.
But don’t forget to clean your smoker and its greasy grills after cooking.
Plug off your Electric Smoker and let it Cool Down:
Before cleaning your electric smoker let it cool down for some hours. When the smoker gets cool down completely, then cleaning is very important. Don’t get the smoked residue dried out and stick on grills. You should clean all grease, oil, burnt sauces, and residue from the racks and grills after every use.
How you can clean the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker:
You can follow the given steps to clean your electric smoker.
- First, take out the removable equipment like racks, drip tray, water pan, wood chips tray, etc.
- Clean the wood chips tray by removing the ashes.
- You can take apple cider vinegar and hot water in equal quantities to make a spray and clean the tray.
- Take a damp cloth to clean the grills, glass door, and inside of the smoker.
- You can use the same apple vinegar spray to wipe the stubborn grease from the walls as well.
- You can also scrub the sticky leftovers using any soft brush inside the smoker.
- Lastly, don’t forget to gently clean the seal of the inner door of the electric smoker.
We have shared the tips to use the masterbuilt electric smoker and hope the above-mentioned information will help you to easily use it. The masterbuilt smokers are budget-friendly and accessible for people. Beginners can conveniently use them and make yummy food for their families and enjoy it.